Lab Journal Entry: Please add to you Lab conducted on Friday.
DAY 1- 8/29: Planted Seeds (Soil, Seed, Soil, H2O)Placed under Light Chamber (24hours of light)
DAY5- 9/2: Make Observations count how many seeds germinated, Growth Height(cm), etc.
Classwork: Succession Handout
Homework: Study for TEST on Chapter 1, 3.1, All of 4, All of 5 and 6.3, 6.4
Wednesday September 3, 2014
Lab Journal Entry- DAY 6: 9/3: ……..
Classnotes: Complete Succession Images for the Timeline and answer the 12 questions below:
Understanding and Analysis Questions
- What is ecological succession?
- How is primary and secondary succession different?
- How is primary and secondary succession the same?
- What is the first group of organisms to colonize an area called?
- What species is able to live on bare rock?
- List the communities in a successional sequence of primary succession?
- List the communities in a successional sequence of secondary succession?
- What is the first species in secondary succession?
- Why does primary succession take longer than secondary succession?
- List some events that would start primary succession?
- List some events that would start secondary succession?
- Why is a clear cut more damaging to a community than a forest fire?