LAB: In Your Lab Journal
Complete Lab: Leaf Disk Assay
Summary of Background Paragraph
Title: Leaf Disk Assay
Benchmark: Choose from Wall
Table 1: Individual Results
Your results plus the results of your class groups.
Graph your results- Follow directions. Use intervals of 1
Answer the following questions:
Questions for Review
- What does a plant need for photosynthesis?
- a. What are the products of photosynthesis?
- What is a by-product of photosynthesis?
- Where does photosynthesis occur in a plant?
- Write a hypothesis that this experiment is designed to test.
- Which syringe serves as a control?
- What variables are tested in this experiment?
- Compare the test groups. Which syringe had the most leaf disks floating after 20 minutes?
- Were there any syringes without floating disks?
- How do floating disks correspond to the rate of photosynthesis?
- According to your data, does light intensity affect the rate of photosynthesis? Explain.
- How did the baking soda solution affect photosynthetic rates?
- Why is photosynthesis a light-dependent reaction?