LAB: Puzzle Theory
Students will begin working on Lab Rubric- Completing Title, Benchmarks covered and Pre Lab Definitions.
In groups they will work on the Procedures. We will go through this as a class, and the students will come up with four hypothesis.
Students will draw what they think the Image would look like- Final Hypothesis
Students will Answer 6 questions from the Evaluation Section
Homework: Complete Final Drawing based on your final hypothesis and choose 6 questions to answer from the Evaluation Section. The questions are placed below:
Questions to answer individually in your journals/ handout/ paper: (Choose 6 of the 15 to answer individually)
- Teams should share their hypotheses. Is there a consensus regarding the hypothesis that best fits the evidence?
- What evidence was most useful in developing and evaluating your hypotheses?
- Was any information misleading and result in the development of a hypothesis that had to be rejected as new evidence was found?
- Did any personal biases within your group influence the development and evaluation of one or more of your hypotheses?
- How did your final hypothesis compare with your 1sthypothesis?
- How did collaboration with other teams affect your final hypothesis?
- Did similar evidence used by more than one team result in different hypotheses?
- Did different evidence used by more than one team result in identical or very similar hypotheses?
- What degree of certainty did you have about your final hypothesis? Why?
- Did the absence of the “edges” of the puzzle influence the level of difficulty in developing your hypotheses?
- If you only had “edges” to use would you have any advantages or limitations?
- Are there edges that limit or “pin in” scientists as they explore and investigate various questions and problems?
- How are the “edges” like a theory early in its development?
- What scientific or medical advances have occurred during your lifetime through the steady accumulation of evidence?
- How did this activity model the process of science used as individuals seek answers to question and problems?