- Complete Lab Report
- Rubric- How a Food Chain and a Food Web are formed?
- Benchmark SC.912.L.17.9
o Use a food web to identify and distinguish producers, consumers, and decomposers. Explain the pathway of energy transfer through the trophic levels and the reduction of available energy at successive trophic levels.
- Problem Statement (Introduction)
- Vocabulary Concepts (4 Terms) Define
- Summary of Procedures
- Picture of Food Chain– Label and showing correct flow of energy using arrows.
- Picture of Food web-with at least 15 organism, you may use all. Use arrows showing energy flow.
- Post Lab Questions #1-6
- What is a trophic level?
- Are most habitats better described as a food chain or a food web? Why?
- What role do decomposers and scavengers play in a habitat? What would happen if these organisms were not present?
- What would happen if a predator organism was removed from a certain habitat? Use specific examples from your group’s constructed food web.
- Can an organism be a secondary and tertiary consumer in the same ecosystem? Explain using examples from the game.
- In general, are there more tertiary consumes or producers in a healthy habitat?Why?