SC.912.L.16.14 Describe the cell cycle, including the process of mitosis. Explain the role of mitosis in the formation of new cells and its importance in maintaining chromosome numbers during asexual reproduction.
- 912.L.16.8 Explain the relationship between mutation, cell cycle, and uncontrolled cell growth potentially resulting in cancer.
Complete the following to your classnotes:
Chapter 10.3 Regulating the Cell Cycle
- How is the cell cycle regulated?
- How do cancer cells differ from other cells?
- What are the two types of tumors?
- What causes cancer?
- What is metastasis?
Define the following terms:
- Growth Factor
Looking at Figure 10-17 Cancer Incidence
- What body parts can cancer affect?
- How many cases of breast cancer were reported compared to prostate cancer for the time period shown?
Stem Cells- What are the possible benefits orissues associated with stem cell research?
Locate an article to bring to class to support your point of view.