Period 1-4 Honors Biology
The Central Nervous System- Brain Identification
Watch video on Immune System-
Immune System and Disease Chapter 35
Benchmark: SC.912.L.14.52- Explain the basic functions of the human immune system, including specific and nonspecific immune response, vaccines, and antibiotics.
Define the following terms:
- Inflammatory response
- Immune response
- Humoral immunity
- Cell-mediated immunity
Answer the following questions:
- What are the body’s nonspecific defenses against pathogens?
- Describe the steps of the inflammatory response.
- What are the main working cells of the immune response? Where are they produced?
- What is the function of the immune system’s specific defenses?
- What are the body’s specific defenses against pathogens?
Work on The Alien Life Park Assignment:
Create your groups and email me your idea for approval. Start gathering information on all species. We will work on this project throughout the next month.